Treatment for Common Work Injuries from Michaux Family Chiropractic in Clermont
Which do you think is more hazardous at work—a slippery puddle on the floor, or a chair? While this may be tongue and cheek, both of these situations pose potential hazards to employee health. Here at Michaux Family Chiropractic, our work injury chiropractors in Clermont, FL are happy to help people of all ages recover from and avoid common occupational health conditions.
Common Examples of Work Injury
Work-related musculoskeletal injuries cost billions of dollars annually in lost wages and disability payouts. Some of the most common include:
- Tech neck: sore, stiff, and achy neck (along with headaches and shoulder/arm discomfort), often seen after prolonged computer or smart phone use
- Slip and Falls: slip and falls often cause sprains, strains, and even whiplash in the neck
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: pain and numbness in the first few fingers due to median nerve compression in the wrist
- Sciatica: buttocks and leg pain due to compression of the sciatic nerve
- Tendonitis, muscle strains, and other soft tissue injuries: we commonly see these in people who perform a lot of overhead and/or repetitive movement
- Disc herniation or bulge: damage to/misalignment of a spinal disc often due to abnormal pressure or movement in the spine
Why do such injuries happen? Consider the possible risk factors (and notice how many are preventable):
- Poor lifting mechanics/techniques
- Poor ergonomics
- Excessive sitting
- Accidents like slips, falls, and car crashes
How Our Chiropractor Treats Work Injury
Dr. Kurt Michaux offers services which can relieve symptoms and prevent recurring dysfunction without the use of drugs or invasive procedures:
- Chiropractic adjustments correct spinal and extremity joint misalignments, plus trigger pain relief
- Massages relax muscles spasms and break up stress-related knots and adhesions
- Spinal decompression reduces pressure on compressed discs and helps restore disc health
- Electrical stimulation provides non-invasive pain relief
- Corrective exercises improve core stabilization and tissue healing
- Lifestyle counseling teaches you better ergonomics, posture, and stress management
Work Injury Prevention Tips
- Stand up from your desk at least once every hour or two.
- Set up your computer with the monitor at eye level and one arm's distance away, with your shoulders relaxed and wrists neutral while typing.
- Get help or use tools to lift heavy objects, and use proper body mechanics (bend at the knees, not the back; keep the object close to your body; avoid twisting at the spine).
Dealing With a Work Injury? Schedule a Consultation at Michaux Family Chiropractic in Clermont, FL Today
Contact Michaux Family Chiropractic today at 352-243-7300 to schedule your appointment with our chiropractor in Clermont, FL, or schedule online.